Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Second Supporter--Thank you Rachael! :)

Good morning, World!

My first morning of being a "blogger" and I'm enjoying this! I want to say thank you Rachael for joining my blog and supporting me! I hope you visit daily and give me some feedback when you can!

Who is Rachael you may ask?
She is an old childhood friend. I was raised in Buckley Michigan. A very small, tiny, unpoco, village in Northern Michigan. Yes, the winters were snowy and icy and freezing cold, yet, the thrill of winter magic hung in the air for nine months out of the calendar year. AWESOME!

Memories of Rachael?

We were young, I think around 9 years old. I remember her smile the most. She was always happy and upbeat and outgoing....whereas I was shy, quiet, and happy! I remember playing ball with her on the four-square game painted on the cement of the school's playground. Anyone remember the name of that game? I also remember playing kissing tag with the boys from school in the playground's wooded area....Rachael and I would run and scream and laugh...many little boys would chase us...along with a few others...LOL!! :)

I remember drinking apple cider with her during a class Halloween party (yes, my school celebrated Halloween) and it was so much fun!

Now, Rachael and I have reconnected on facebook, and it's been amazing to get to know her as an adult. I think she is pretty awesome! Really! She is so positive and supportive of my writings, and my pain. I love that, and believe she is a gift.

She shows the same kind, beautiful attributes as an adult as she had as a child. I liked them back then, and I love them now. I love her. Thank you, good friend!!!

God bless you!
Shannon <3

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon, your words were so sweet and warm, that it brought tears to my eyes. Please read my response to your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rachael! I love the memories of you and I. My childhood was almost perfect! And, I'm glad you are a part of the memories of that wonderful time in my life. <3

    ReplyDelete