Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Love My Mom!!!!

Good evening, my blogger friends!

I've been thinking that I must write about my mom! She will be a "follower" of my blog through my Aunt Doris for now....so she is already a "member" and I gotta write about all of my members as they join! So here goes...

My mom is beatiful. I love her very, very much. I consider her one of my best friends. She is very special.

Her name is "Ginny" (yes, I named my daughter Ginny after her--oh boy! Little did we know what "gift" we were giving her.... ha ha ha ha!) I love that name! And I love having a daughter with that name. I know it makes my mom happy too. That makes me feel good. It feels right, you know?

As most of you know, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer over two years ago. It was a horrible time. I know it was rough on her. It was sad to see her go through this. Yet somehow that little woman was strong. S-T-R-O-N-G! She amazes me today, when I think back...

I am so glad that God got her through her cancer. I am so thankful that she is here with us. She seems to be stronger and has an appetite again, what a blessing!

My mother is absolutely the best cook in the world! She can cook with her eyes closed, and it'd still turn out right! She makes the BEST GUMBO you will have ever tasted...people from Louisiana to Michigan to New Mexico will all tell you... all seven of her grandchildren idenitfy their "Mimi" with "Gumbo"....I love it when she makes it for us all, not because it makes us happy (oh,it does!) but because she is happy doing it. When is the real winter going to hit here by the way? I mean, it's almost time for her to stir the roux.....

My mom loves me. I know she does! We are very close. We get each other's humor...and I love that we can laugh together. I love to have "adult to adult" conversations with her now as I am an adult. We can see each other's point of view. Of course, I will always be her daughter, and she my mom, I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm glad she's mine and that God let her be mine...I know this now as an adult, and appreciate her so much more...

My mom and I share the love for the movie "Walk the Line"!! We saw it about 13-15 times (I think) at the theaters. We also have the big poster of the movie and DVD's now. I associate that movie with her before and while she was sick...it brought her great joy to see it...I'm thankful to have those memories with her...

My mom loves Jesus. She is really passionate about that. I think that is a wonderful thing! If you ever take the time to ask her, who got her through her cancer, she will answer "God" before the question is out of her mouth...it is absolutely amazing.

She is just awesome! I love her so much! I know she knows this...but I always want her to know it so that she won't forget it....

I have so many childhood memories that I will post in the future...

I LOVE YOU MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment