Thursday, December 3, 2009

Two Yankees Met On A Southern Louisiana Sidewalk--God's Hand Was In It All Along

So, I'm sitting here, in my house alone...the kids are at school and Sergie is at work. I don't have classes until later, and this is the first morning in a while that I have "nothing" to do...so what do I do? WRITE.
With Tad (Weiner dog) and Licorice (black cat) BOTH curled up on me, I am blogging on here. I love it. The Christmas tree is winking at me every second, and the quiet of the house envelopes me...(wow. No morning news for me today, I took the "day off" from that...).
So, I'm due at my MIL's house shortly, but, wanted to take the time to write freely and really put my feelings into concrete words today.
I read about MYSELF on my Best Friend's blog (Kerry). She is my BFF24+1, always!! The numbers are the years we've been BF's...the 1 will change to 2 in August...
I've written about BFF24+1 on here...but, today I'm going to write differently about her...because I feel led to....and I want her to know how special she is...oh, so much.
You see, I believe God put us together...it was not just coincidence that she and I met so many years ago at the bus stop. I believe in God's destiny...He destined that we'd be friends...BEST ONES actually...Do you honestly believe it was coincidence that TWO YANKEES met on a Southern Louisiana sidewalk at young ages just because? Oh no, His hand was in it all along....
His hand has been in our friendship for 25 years now. Oh, the memories we share....I love them all, each and every one. I love this woman. I love her so much!!! There are so many ppl who are a curious about our CODE NICKNAMES for each other, and when I tell them, they Love it. I am her BESTIE! Isn't that just the CUTEST?!?! I love it. It's my name...just for me...it makes me feel loved.
I am very sad that my BFF24+1 moved back up North. I miss her. There are days I am like "I need to go to BFF24+1's house and have COFFEE and sit on the front porch and just talk"...and then I realize she "isn't here". I miss her. I am very lonesome without her here...I hate it that we live so far apart...thank God for computer/fb/texting/cells. I love snail mail...and my BFF24+1 is better at that than I am....I never, ever want to lose this woman from my life. It would kill me.
My BFF24+1 is absolutely beautiful. Her eyes are the greenest color I have ever seen..and oh boy, does she show each and every emotion in those eyes....I've seen them all I think....lol! She is pretty. The kind of pretty that doesn't need make-up. Lucky girl. But, she does wear the EYE SHADOW when she feels she needs too.... LOL!!
My BFF24+1 has had a happy and rough life at times, and many a sad things have happened. I won't publicly share them on here...but know, this woman is strong. Very strong. I hurt bc she hurts. I wish I could take the pain from her life. But, I know that only God can do that...I'm here for her. I hope she always knows that, believes in that, and acts on that promise WHENEVER she needs it...needs me....
She's coming to my graduation. Wow. Do you know how much that means to me? Oh, boy. I can't wait to see her. I def will get that college dipoloma if it is the last thing I do...just to see my BFF24+1, oh yeah!!!
She is going to be a grandma...wow. Congrats to her!! I can't believe it. And the baby is almost here...I'm going to be a "Great Aunt"--that's what I've been adopted to for HARMONII! Oh yeah!!!
Well, I better get going. Just had to blog...blog all these feelings that were conjured up. I just want my BFF24+1 to know how much she means to me and my life. Connected always we are: BFF24+1 and Bestie!!!

2 comments:

  1. aww Bestie, the tears are rolling down my face now. God, knew what He was doing when He put us together :) Me the kinda wild one and you the not so wild one :) We fit together like hand and glove (a white one with sparklies for sure). I love and cherish all our memories, and we will make more when I come down for your graduation. Just no ladders please lol I love you and your beautiful words :)
    always,
    your BFF 24+1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BFF24+1! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry! Forgive me? Yes, God is so wonderful....He thought enough of you and I to join our hearts in friendship long ago. We are opposite in some ways, but, have a lot in common in many more ways!!!
    I love you too, and I cherish all of our memories too....so special....so real....so connected!!
    I know we joke about the ladder...and you climbing up that tall thing....BUT! I see it as a sign of your love and helping a friend in need...what a SPECIAL GIFT that my best friend would go out of her "comfort zone", and "conquer a fear" all in the name of frienship, love, and support....these are GIFTS OF GOD you know....Thank you so much!!
    I love you so much!!!
    BFF24+1 and Bestie--WHAT A PAIR OF WHITE, SPARKLY GLOVES!! XO!

    ReplyDelete